Shire of Murray
Pinjarra Heritage Trail
- Region: Shire of Murray
- Grade:Walk Class 2
- Trail Manager:Shire of Murray
- Start Point:Pinjarra
There are no downloads available at this time.
The Heritage Trail walk is really just a pleasant walk through the town from the Tourist Centre (which used to be the old Road Board Office) past the Court House (1935) and the Post Office (1895), which in season has the most beautiful yellow frangipani outside, and down beside the Murray river. It passes the pedestrian suspension bridge and crosses over the South Western Highway to visit St John¹s Church (consecrated in 1863), the Old Schoolhouse (1896), the privately owned ŒLiveringa¹ (1885), an attractive colonial homestead with wide verandahs, and the beautiful ŒEdenvale¹ (1888), a huge and gracious dwelling of 18 rooms built from locally fired bricks and consisting of the house as well as barns, a dairy and two small houses. The house was home to Edward McLarty who was a member of the state¹s Legislative Council for 22 years. McLarty¹s son, Ross, was a parliamentarian for 32 years and was Premier of Western Australia from 1947 to 1953.
By any measure the Heritage Trail is a delightful walk. The tree lined banks of the Murray River, the pedestrian suspension bridge and the beautiful old buildings can all be seen in a leisurely 1.2 km walk which should not take more than an hour.
Click on a business name below to view their details.